General Dentistry in Nashua, NH
- Fight cavities with preventive care
- We’re open as early as 7 a.m. & as late as 6 p.m.
- Keep small issues from becoming large problems
Keep Your Smile Healthy With General Dentistry in Nashua
Keeping your smile in good health starts with general dentistry in Nashua, including biannual exams and cleanings. This routine dental care isn’t just good for your smile; it’s good for the rest of you too. Problems like cavities and gum disease can negatively affect your overall health.
Our general dental care will:
- Allow us to identify and treat small issues before they can become big problems
- Remove bacteria-filled plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Leave your smile looking and feeling great
- Help prevent cavities and periodontal (gum) disease with treatments like fluoride, dental sealants, and professional cleanings
- Help us better understand your dental needs and concerns
To schedule your next dental exam or other general dental service, call us today.
We Assess Your Dental & Overall Health During Exams
We recommend visiting our office every six months for a dental exam and professional cleaning. During your exams, Dr. Albert St. Germain will ask you about any current medical conditions, illnesses, or new medications, all of which give him insight into your dental health and overall health. In addition, he may take diagnostic X-rays to aid in detecting decay, cysts, bone loss, and tumors. He’ll also use a high-tech cavity detector to find decay in its earliest stages.
Your exam will also include:
- Oral Cancer Screening – Dr. St. Germain will examine your face, neck, and mouth for evidence of oral cancer.
- Evaluation for Gum Disease and Cavities – We’ll carefully check your gums for signs of disease and your teeth for signs of decay. We’ll repair cavities with a filling or other restoration. For gum disease, we’ll prescribe a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.
- Examination of Dental Restorations – We’ll evaluate the condition of your crowns, fillings, and other restorations. We’ll also check for evidence of problematic habits like teeth grinding.
To remove plaque and tartar that was missed while brushing and flossing at home, we’ll thoroughly clean your teeth. The final step is a polish, which will leave your smile looking and feeling great. Dr. St. Germain and our team may also:
- Offer Oral Hygiene Advice – If you’re experiencing issues like persistent bad breath or have questions regarding your home hygiene, we can review your routine and make suggestions for improvement.
- Discuss Your Dietary Habits – We may ask about your diet, which impacts both your oral health and overall well-being. Simple changes can often make a big difference in preventing cavities and other problems.
- Suggest Preventive Treatments – We may recommend applications of fluoride and/or dental sealants for children or cavity-prone adults.
Exams also provide a good opportunity to ask Dr. St. Germain about making smile improvements with cosmetic dental treatments or restorative dentistry.
For general dentistry in Nashua, Contact Merrimack Valley Dental Care today.